Friday, April 9, 2010

Off to Beantown!

I'm off to Boston for the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS) Convention. this on is dedicated solely to the kind of surgeries that I do, surgeries on the front part of the eye. We will learn about new techniques for cataract surgery. Companies in our field will present new products that we can use to give our patients better vision.

Laser surgeons will also be able to see and hear the results of the latest advances in LASIK and other laser refractive procedures. There are several new laser programs and a couple of new ways to make LASIK flaps. I'm going to be picking the brains of some of the smartest LASIK surgeons on the planet including Steve Schallhorn (who developed the Navy's laser program) and Steve Coleman (one of the LASIK pioneers). Can't wait!

I'll keep everyone up to date about my trip and all of the new stuff sure to be announced right here on the Skyvision blog!

Dr. White

No comments:

Post a Comment